How it works
- Ringgold PIDs and rich metadata enable data-driven decisions based on granular hierarchies
- Uniquely links related organizations to form an authoritative structured hierarchy
- Detailed data supports decisions about funding entitlements, OA deals, compliance with mandates and more
- A multilingual team translates and transliterates from multiple languages and character sets including non-Latin scripts
- Complements other PIDs in place, such as ORCID IDs, DOIs, and ISNIs
- Serviced and supported by a full-time, professional team of engineers, customer service and language specialists
- Supports the shift to OA publishing models
- Expertly-curated organizational data makes Ringgold the leading PID solution to help publishers improve data quality
- Streamlines workflows by facilitating data interoperability within and between internal and external systems
- Granular hierarchy information and rich metadata help identify conflicts of interest in peer review and grant reviews
- Adheres to best practices for data quality, security, and compliance
Stay in touch
Ringgold by the numbers
Ringgold persistent identifiers
leading publishers, intermediaries, and funders
of Ringgold PID's have a corresponding ISNI ID
new records added in 2022
records updated in 2022
Expand the benefits of the Ringgold Identify Database with these services:
Ringgold Audit Service
Let our experts normalize and enrich your data.
The Ringgold Audit Service normalizes and enriches organization-related data for improved data-driven decision making.
Ringgold Validate Service
Create new Ringgold IDs on demand.
The Ringgold Validate Service helps Ringgold Identify Database users to immediately generate new Ringgold IDs for organizations not currently held in the database.
Ringgold Consortium Directory
Create custom sales offers with up-to-date global consortia data.
The Ringgold Consortium Directory includes 350+ library consortia around the world to guide strategic sales planning and craft individual offers.
How Data Quality Makes or Breaks Open Access Agreements
CCC’s Senior Director, Information & Content Solutions, Jamie Carmichael looks at the importance of data quality in negotiating and implementing open access (OA) institutional agreements.
Q&A with CCC’s Laura Cox
Dave Davis sits down for a virtual chat with Laura Cox of CCC’s Ringgold Solutions team to discuss PIDs, disambiguation, and the role each plays in improving scholarly communications.
Frankfurt Book Fair 2022: The Data Quality Imperative
Scholarly publishers increasingly integrate data capture and analysis into their systems. View our discussion from the 2022 Frankfurt Book Fair.