Join us for a look at copyright law and its impact on college and university faculty, staff members and students in colleges and universities. This instructor-led certificate course includes group discussions, question and answer sessions, and analysis of real-world scenarios to help build a foundational understanding of U.S. copyright law and best practices to manage copyright compliance in higher education.
- 1 June 2023
1:30 PM - 3:30 PM EDT /
7:30 PM - 9:30 PM CEST
$250.00 per individual
- Analyze two Fair Use cases
- Define Public Domain
- Describe the intent of §107, which sets out the Fair Use factors
- Examine the purpose of U.S copyright law
- Identify potential copyright infringement
- Recognize copyright implications for digital content
- Review the copyright holders’ exclusive rights
- Understand copyright compliance best practices
- A live 120-minute online session
- Certificate upon successful completion of the course
- Extended access to the webcast recording and ePortal resources
- Electronic course material with references and suggested supplementary readings
Who should attend?
Faculty and staff members, students, and anyone who wants to gain an understanding of U.S. copyright law as it applies specifically to academic institutions.