Copyright Clearance Center’s Education department offers a comprehensive six-module eLearning certificate course, Advanced Copyright for Business, that provides an in-depth review of the history and purpose of U.S. copyright law and offers tips to better manage copyright compliance.
- 4 April 2023
1:30 PM - 3:00 PM EDT /
7:30 PM - 9:00 PM CEST
$750.00 per individual
- Examine the purpose of U.S. copyright law and some common misconceptions
- Discuss international copyright considerations
- Describe the purpose and various types of intellectual property
- Review the provisions described in sections 106, 107 and 109 in U.S. Code title 17, Chapter 1 (Copyrights)
- Consider examples of works protected and not protected by copyright
- Conduct a fair use analysis on some typical content use scenarios
- Three 90 minute live online sessions on 3 separate days
- Electronic course material with extensive references and supplementary readings
- Recording of the online session
- Certificate upon successful completion of the course
Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to gain a deeper understanding of the complexities of U.S. and international copyright law as it applies to corporations and associations and provides tools to more effectively manage copyright compliance.