Are you unclear on how copyright law impacts publishing? OnCopyright Education’s six module eLearning certificate course, Advanced Copyright for Publishing, focuses on U.S. copyright law and when permission to use copyrighted materials may be required for both content creation and content use. With an emphasis on text-based materials, key issues that affect employees in the publishing world are discussed.
The course includes instructor-led eLearning sessions, all materials, group discussions, question and answer sessions and analyses of real-world scenarios, including group and individual activities.
- State the underlying purpose of copyright law
- Describe the purposes of sections 106, 107 and 109 in U.S. Code title 17, Chapter 1
- Recognize copyright implications for digital content
- Conduct a fair use analysis on at least three scenarios encountered in your organization
- Understand copyright compliance best practices
Who Should Attend?
Editors, rights & permissions, production, marketing, sales and finance personnel from all organizational levels who want to gain more of an understanding about how copyright law impacts publishing.