Join us for a look at copyright law and its impact on faculty, staff members and students in colleges and universities. This instructor-led eLearning certificate course includes group discussions, question and answer sessions, and analysis of real-world scenarios to help build a foundational understanding of U.S. copyright law and best practices to manage copyright compliance in an academic setting.
- Examine the purpose of U.S copyright law
- Review the copyright holders’ exclusive rights
- Define Public Domain
- Describe the intent of §107, which sets out the Fair Use factors
- Analyze two Fair Use cases
- Identify potential copyright infringement
- Recognize copyright implications for digital content
- Understand copyright compliance best practices
Who Should Attend?
Faculty and staff members, students, and anyone who wants to gain an understanding of U.S. copyright law as it applies specifically to academic institutions.