CCC and Ixxus returns to London Book Fair 2019 as premium sponsors. If you’re in London, find us at Stand #7C16. Stay connected through London Book Fair and beyond with our social media at #LBF19CCC, including live streams of our panels. Learn more about our presence at London Book Fair here and browse biographies of our speakers here.
Scholarly Publishing Through the Brexit Lens
Tuesday 12 March at 16:00 – 17:00 in The Faculty
Brexit Day (29 March) fast approaches. Deal, no deal, extension… How will these decisions impact the publishing industry?
- Tim Britton, Springer Nature
- Petra Labriga, Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
- Hugh Logue, Outsell
- Simon Ross, Manchester University Press
Minimum Viable Metadata
Wednesday 13 March at 11:30 – 12:30 in The Faculty
Every publisher needs to decide the Minimum Viable Metadata for their content: the bare minimum of information that makes an asset function in their content library.
- Marie Bilde, Independent Book Industry Consultant
- Brian O’Leary, Book Industry Study Group
- Ian Synge, Ixxus
- Joshua Tallent, Firebrand Technologies
Your Content’s “Children” May Surprise You
Wednesday 13 March at 13:00 – 14:00 in The Faculty
Discover how to identify potential after-market value locked in your existing content – and be ready to respond when the unexpected happens.
- James Colbert, Highlights for Children
- Nilu Mallory, Dorling Kindersly (DK)
- Jessica Rutt, RCNi (Royal College of Nursing Institute)
In Conversation at the Research & Scholarly Publishing Forum
Wednesday 13 March at 12:00 – 12:15 in Research & Scholarly Publishing Forum
The Research & Scholarly Publishing Forum debates the big questions facing Academic publishing. This panel of advocates will discuss literacy and collective licensing issues.
- Michael Healy, Copyright Clearance Center
- Jonathan Nowell, Book Trade Benevolent Society
- Alison Tweed, Book Aid International
Celebrate with Us
Join CCC and ALPSP for our annual reception at Stands #7C19 and #7C16, Tuesday 12 March from 17:00 to 18:30.