With Frankfurt Book Fair 2017 only a week away, CCC’s Michael Healy, Executive Director of International Relations, has a few recommendations for can’t-miss events that you should mark on your calendar if you’re going to the Fair:
- Frankfurt Rights Meeting: This has been a “must attend” event for senior rights professionals for 30+ years. The program is always fascinating and the networking excellent. Looking forward especially to the sessions on Japan this year.
- The Markets: The Markets is always a great, concentrated opportunity to learn about what’s happening in particular key markets and some lesser-known ones. UK, India and Malaysia feature this year. The panel discussion on women in publishing, featuring CCC’s President and CEO Tracey Armstrong, looks like one not to be missed!
- Knowledge Engineering: The new business value accelerator in the digital transformation journey: If you’re a publisher interested in extending the value of your content, this session on knowledge engineering should be essential. Learn how data analysis can drive content discovery for your business with CCC’s CTO Babis Marmanis and Carl Robinson, senior publishing consultant at Ixxus.
- Towards a copyright manifesto for international publishing: Copyright is a hot topic right now and no longer just for lawyers and academics. This session features insights from those on the front line of the copyright wars, including me!
- Open Access Master Class: University APCs: Publishers and institutional leadership require a solution for the inefficiency of Article Publication Charges (APCs). Join Maurits van der Graaf of Pleiade Management and Consultancy and Laura Cox of Ringgold in conversation with CCC’s Chris Kenneally, Business Development Director to find out what a business-minded application that serves all stakeholders could mean to the bottom line for you, and your partners too.
- The Arts+: Frankfurt isn’t just about books these days, and The Arts+ is the place to find out what the future of the creative industries looks like. Great sessions on the interplay between tech and creativity are promised.
Exhibitors to visit:
- IPR License: Hall 4.2, Stand E19
- Guest of Honor 2017: France: Hall F.1 Stand A1
- Copyright Clearance Center: Hall 4.2 Stand E18
We’ll see you at the Frankfurt Book Fair, 10-15 October 2017.
Join Us at the Hot Spots, Location: Hall 4.2 N99
Visit Us at Hall 4.2, Stand E18
Book a Meeting with the team