Tools and Resources
How to Roll Out the License to Your Institution
If you’d like to promote your Annual Copyright License throughout your institution, here are some tips and tools to help you get the word out. Feel free to employ as many (or as few) as you’d like.
- Send a campus-wide email announcing your new license. View a sample email.
- Modify the sample License User Guide provided by CCC to reflect your library’s policies for obtaining permissions for copyrighted content not covered under the license. Distribute it to all potential users in print and electronic format.
- Offer faculty, administrators and staff information sessions to educate them on the license and its use. View slides for use in these sessions. To edit slides choose save after clicking link.
- Develop copy to post to your institution’s internal websites, such as the library page, bookstore site, faculty pages, etc. View sample copy.
- Post a link to the license’s title search page in all key areas of your internal websites and systems, including e-reserves, course management and coursepack production systems, and library websites, etc. Include your contact information for any potential questions.
- Create marketing materials (posters, flyers, etc.) promoting the license and distribute them throughout the campus. View samples in Word and PDF formats.
- Review sample materials below created by other institutions that have successfully implemented the Annual Copyright License. If you have materials you would like to share with other licensed institutions, please forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be posted here: