For 2019, the STM Association “Tech Trends” report focuses on cross-industry collaboration to improve scholarly communication and ensure trust and integrity in research.
STM Tech Trends is created annually by STM’s Future Lab, a discussion forum of over 30 STM members. Based on the Delphi-method for technology forecasting, participants identify key trends that may impact scholarly and scientific publishing between now and 2023.
On Friday, April 12, at the STM US Conference in Washington, DC, CCC’s Chris Kenneally moderated a special Tech Trends panel discussion to learn how open publishing platforms can enhance collaboration and other publishing best practices. In a multi-user environment where diversity is the norm, panelists agreed, everyone can tune in!
Stream the session now
- IJsbrand Jan Aalbersberg, Senior Vice President of Research Integrity for Elsevier, where he is responsible for new technology initiatives to safeguard the integrity of content and the content-based products. In this role he is also responsible for the user privacy in these Elsevier research products.
- Priya Arora, who heads the product and digital strategy for Wolters Kluwer Health’s institutional platform. She is responsible for a portfolio of digital solutions, content, and services that serve clinicians, researchers, educators and society members working in hospitals and medical schools in the United States and internationally.
- Max Gabriel, who joined Taylor & Francis Group as Chief Digital Officer in 2015. He is responsible for technology strategy, delivery and operations for the group. Earlier, Max was CTO of Pearson India and Africa.
- Gerry Grenier, Senior Director of Content Management for IEEE, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. He leads a content engineering team responsible for content architecture and systems that support IEEE’s publishing program. He serves on the board of the National Information Standards Organization (NISO).
- Sameer Shariff, Founder and CEO of Impelsys Inc., a market leader in digital content and learning delivery solutions. Prior to Impelsys, Sameer co-founded Medsite Inc. As Chief Strategic Officer and Executive Vice President of Sales, he helped Medsite become one of the largest Internet pharmaceutical marketing companies in the United States; in 2006, Medsite was acquired by WebMD.