The majority of core and supplemental texts used for in-person and remote instruction, as well as educational applications and services, are under copyright in the U.S. Obtaining permission to use these texts on an individual basis at scale can be difficult and time-consuming, especially as needs fluctuate.
The Annual Copyright License for Curriculum & Instruction eases the burden of obtaining one-off permissions. The license provides a broad repertory of print or digital rights that enable the reuse and distribution of excerpts of high-quality content in curriculum and instructional materials, educational technology (ed tech) applications, and online platforms such as learning management systems.
The Annual Copyright License for Curriculum & Instruction allows you to use excerpts or articles from:
- Fiction and nonfiction books
- Publisher websites
Join us to learn how our new license helps ed tech providers, core and supplemental curriculum developers, and custom publishing companies:
- Gain permission to immediately reuse and distribute timely, diverse, local, and inclusive content
- Streamline copyright compliance with a uniform set of print or digital reuse rights across publishers
- Add greater value to their offerings with high-quality published content
- Save time and costs through easy and immediate verification of rights
- Eliminate the need to negotiate with publishers and track permissions for content in the license
- Easily test portions of published content in their products and services for greater flexibility and relevancy