The increased demand for Open Access (OA) articles and journals has created new dynamics in the scholarly publishing industry. Just seven years ago, when CCC first launched its OA solution, the market was limited to a small number of OA articles and a one-size-fits-all price and licensing model. Today, publishers face more complex circumstances in which they must:
- Securely manage article processing charges (APCs), as well as page and color charges, and author reprints
- Offer 24/7 "OA aware" permissions services at the article level
- Comply with funding agencies
- Provide author support, billing, and rapid collection services
- Support institutional reporting needs
To meet these changing market demands, RightsLink for Open Access simplifies and enhances the administration of APCs and the licensing of OA content.